April 22 is Earth Day, the culmination of hundreds of activities and events around the nation created to draw attention to the importance of protecting our earth through awareness and appreciation of the environment. Earth Day is a time to create new global policies, local efforts and personal pledges to accelerate environmental progress. It is also a time to celebrate improvements we’ve already made. Not only Earth Day BUT Every Day is a time to act to protect our planet. Celebrating Earth Day Every Day means doing things that save energy, conserve water, reducing, reusing and recycling what we can and making choices that protect our environment.
- Go Wild! Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run your television for 2½ hours.
- Conserve water by turning faucets off completely. A dripping faucet can waste gallons of water if left to drip constantly.
- Practice the 4 R’s Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Re-buy – Reduce what you buy, Reuse what you already have and Recycle what you no longer use by donating the items and remember to Recycle household items such as empty cans, bottles, newspaper, cardboard etc. When you must buy, purchase products that contain post-consumer recycled materials. These products are made with the materials we recycle everyday.
Celebrate Earth Day with MMWA
Go Wild Celebrate Earth Day! At the Saginaw Children’s Zoo
Saturday, April 27th 2013 10 am – 2 pm
Join us at the Children’s Zoo and learn from exhibits and activities, explore the zoo and have a blast!
Free admission for the first 500 people who bring a recyclable drink container
Free kids t-shirt made from recycled bottles! (while supplies last)
- Recycling Truck 10 am – 12 pm
- Trash-to-Treasure crafts
- Recycle-Motion Sing & Dance along
- Face Painting & Temp Tattoos
- Enviro Games & Activities
- Educational Displays
- Backyard & Worm Composting Info
- Much More!
For More Information: