Trash, recyclables, and yard waste are collected on the same day.
All materials must be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on your designated trash day. Materials that are not at the curb when collection vehicles go by will not be picked up that week. Residents should leave space between trash, recyclable, and yard waste containers so that the collection crews can properly identify and pick up materials easier and faster.
When a major holiday falls on a weekday, collection days will be delayed by one day.
For example, if Christmas Day is on a Wednesday, collection services for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be delayed one day. Holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday do NOT delay collection services. Mid Michigan Waste Authority’s observed holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Read details about:
- If your properly prepared materials were out within the proper timeframe but not picked up, please leave them out until they are serviced.
- Report all missed collections on your service day or before 5:00 pm the next business day by calling MMWA. Each resident has a one business day window to report a missed pick-up.
- Trash bags or containers that contain contamination such as yard waste will not be collected. If you see an orange sticker, it probably means your materials are improperly prepared.
Residents should use trash bags up to 55 gallons in size or cans (rigid plastic container with handles) between 20-35 gallons in size. Contents should weigh less than 50 pounds.
- Albee Township residents have bi-weekly recycling.
- Please keep your materials clean, empty, dry, and loose.
Residents should use a can (rigid plastic container with handles) up to 45 gallons in size labeled with a recyclables only sticker or the 18 gallon bin. Contents should weigh less than 50 pounds.
no website available