city of Frankenmuth

Trash, recyclables, and yard waste are collected on the same day.

All materials must be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on your designated trash day. Materials that are not at the curb when collection vehicles go by will not be picked up that week. Residents should leave space between trash, recyclable, and yard waste containers so that the collection crews can properly identify and pick up materials easier and faster.

When a major holiday falls on a weekday, collection days will be delayed by one day.

For example, if Christmas Day is on a Wednesday, collection services for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be delayed one day. Holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday do NOT delay collection services. Mid Michigan Waste Authority’s observed holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Read details about:


  • If your properly prepared materials were out within the proper timeframe but not picked up, please leave them out until they are serviced.
  • Report all missed collections on your service day or before 5:00 pm the next business day by calling MMWA. Each resident has a one business day window to report a missed pick-up.
  • Trash bags or containers that contain contamination such as yard waste will not be collected. If you see an orange sticker, it probably means your materials are improperly prepared.

Residents should use trash bags up to 55 gallons in size. Contents should weigh less than 50 pounds. City of Frankenmuth residents must use trash bags only. 


  • City of Frankenmuth residents have weekly recycling.
  • Please keep your materials clean, empty, dry, and loose.

Recycling bins and brown grocery type paper bags used to hold paper products are the only containers to
be used for the collection of recyclables. Plastic bags are not acceptable. Residents may place multiple recycling bins by the curb each week. The City Office has additional recycling bins available for $10 each (first bin free for newly constructed residences).

Yard Waste

  • City of Frankenmuth residents have seasonal yard waste.

All yard waste materials must be placed in paper yard waste bags or in 20 gallon or smaller garbage cans with handles that have a “Yard Waste” sticker affixed to the front of the can. Yard waste stickers are available at City Hall and if you’re purchasing a can, at GilRoy’s and True Value.

MMWA Trustee

Bridget Smith