Residents planning to attend Mid Michigan Waste Authority’s All-in-One drop-off event on Thursday, September 27 should note that MMWA is no longer able to accept unwanted medications. Please do not bring prescription or over-the-counter drugs to this event. Residents may drop off their unwanted electronics, hazardous waste, paint, and eyeglasses.
A medication disposal program is offered through the Saginaw County Department of Public Health for Saginaw County residents. Under the free program, both prescription and non-prescription unwanted/leftover medications can be dropped at any of 11 different law enforcement locations across the county for safe disposal, as well as at SCDPH. Items can be dropped off at these locations during normal business hours; please call for hours of operation and directions:
- Buena Vista Police Department
- Delta College Police Department
- Frankenmuth Police Department
- Richland Township Police Department
- Saginaw City Police Department
- Saginaw County Department of Public Health
- Saginaw County Sheriff’s Office
- Saginaw Township Police Department
- Saginaw Valley State University Police Department
- St. Charles Police Department
- Thomas Township Police Department
- Tittabawassee Township Police Department
For more information about this program, contact the health department at (989) 758-3686.